SNAP FINANCE FAQs
What is lease-top-own?
Lease-to-Own (LTO) is an affordable financing option where Snap purchases the merchandise and allows you to use it while you make affordable payments over time. Once you’ve completed the terms of your lease, you take ownership of the merchandise. The terms of a lease are typically 12 months. Because it’s a lease, your total cost will vary between 1 and 3 times the total of your cart.
What do I need to apply?
With Snap, it’s easy!
- Be 18 years old
- Have an income of at least $1000 a month
- Have an active checking account
- Have a valid email address and cell phone #
What are the terms of a Snap Finance lease agreement?
Terms of a lease are typically 12 months, through the customers has the option to pay off their account and take ownership of their merchandise earlier (see “How can a customer pay off early?” below).
How much can I get approved for?
Snap offers approval amounts between $250 and $3000.
Can I pay off early?
There are two types of early ownership options, the 100-Days Option, and the Early Buyout Option.
- The 100-Days Option is a program that waives the Cost of Lease when you pay in full the cash purchase price (plus sales tax and processing fee) within 100 days.
- The Early Buyout Option discounts the remaining lease payments when you pay the entire cash purchase price between 101 days and the full terms of the lease (usually 12 months).
Is there a processing fee? If so, how much is it?
There is NO charge to apply for Snap. However, Snap does charge a small processing fee. Rates may vary by state, but are generally between $39 – $79. For online transactions, the processing fee is added to the cost of the merchandise and paid as part of the lease.
How long is my Snap approval valid for?
A Snap approval is valid for 90 days, after which you would need to reapply.